How to Deactivate Your Facebook Account
Facebook as a very popular social media site, has more than a billion users today. There are some people who are so much busy in their life and are worried about the privacy settings of their accounts.
While some people just need to switch to a different account to have a fresh start and start to use Facebook in a new way. But there are some people who are looking for ways to deactivate their Facebook account, to avoid them getting into trouble with their parents or other friends.
They are afraid that their account gets hacked into and then others know their personal information. So, what can they do to avoid having a Facebook account activated? Deactivate Your Facebook Account Now, deactivating your Facebook account can be defined as the option of uninstalling the Facebook app from your phone, uninstalling the Facebook app from your computer, and locking access to Facebook on your phone, your computer, or any mobile device you are using. However, when you deactivate your Facebook account, your friends’ posts that you have read will be deleted from your newsfeed. Also, you will be unable to read others’ posts. So, are you thinking what if you deactivate your Facebook account?
Do you want to get off Facebook permanently? If yes, then there is no harm in following the steps that are mentioned below.
Note: If you really want to go with the uninstalling process to get off Facebook permanently, then make sure that you have no login credentials saved on your phone or your computer.
How to Deactivate Your Facebook Account?
- Go to your Facebook app on your phone.
- Tap the menu button on your phone.
- Find the ‘Apps & Websites’ option.
- Tap on it.
- Tick the box that says ‘Turn off.
- Tap on ‘Turn Off App.’
- If you are using Facebook on a computer, go to your Facebook homepage.
- Click the hamburger icon on the top right corner.
- Click on ‘Settings.’
- Click on ‘Privacy’ on the left side. From the page that opens up, go to the bottom and click on the option ‘Apps & websites.’
- Click on the button ‘Turn off.
- Click on ‘Turn Off App.’
Deactivate Facebook Account Method No. 2:
- Lock Your Facebook Account Before deactivating your Facebook account, make sure that you have your Facebook password.
- You can set a new password if you want. So, firstly, go to your Facebook homepage.
- Click on the menu button in the top right corner.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on ‘Security’ on the left side.
On the ‘Lock your account page, select the lock option and change the settings as you wish. When you are done with all the changes, click on the ‘Save Changes’ option.